Best Hand Tools in Nigeria
Hand tools can be diverged as Industrial power tools or domestic / home appliances. Industrial power and hand tools are used by industries in construction, cutting, drilling driving (fasteners), sanding, shaping, routing, polishing or heating. On the other hand Domestic hand tools are usually used in the garden, for housework, or for cooking and cleaning. When you look out, you will discover lots of different types of hand tools that are available with different purpose of use.
Hand tools refer to any type of tool that is used by hand and do not require any motor or electrical power. This includes a range of tools like the hammers, wrenches, cutters, clamps, and so much more. In India, leading hand tools manufacturers sell a wide array of hand tools in the global and domestic market. Similarly Halowais is major manufacturer and supplier of top notch paramount hand tools and power tools in Nigeria.
Hand tools can be classified into listed groups:
Laying out tools : marking and measuring tools
Striking or impact tools : sledges, mallets, and hammers
Fastening or twisting tools : screwdrivers, spanners and wrenches
Woodworking tools : Wood chisels, panes and wood saws
Metal cutting tools : Taps, Reamers, Punches, Files, and drills
Holding tools : vises, pliers, clamps
Safety equipment : Gloves and goggles
Sharpening and grinding tools
Abrasives and finishing tools
Accessory containers and tool storage.
Top Brands for Power tools and Hand Tools in Nigeria
- Metabo Hand tools : Metabo was originated from the task metal drill. Metabo is an international company with a huge employee base of more than 2000 employees spread diversely in nearly all locations. Metabo offers prolongable Power and hand tools and accessories to Industries always delivering value. Metabo proffers an extensive variety for professional users who are focused on the competence areas of metal industry and metal trades and also construction trades and renovation.
- Plarad Power tools : Plarad that was founded in 1962 is a genuine manufacturer brand and attaches great importance to extensive, global customer proximity. Plarad power tools like electric nut runner, battery nut runner, pneumatic nut runner, hydraulic torque wrenches, tensioner, electric hydraulic power packs, pneumatic hydraulic power packs, measurement & testing, manual torque multiplier, accessories are well-liked and supplied worldwide.
- EGAMASTER : EGA Master which is located in the Basque Country, the industrial heartland of Spain is a manufacturer of high quality industrial power tools and hand tools. Although initially it was a specialists in Piping Tools, today the company has progressively diversified into other fields now offering the broadest array for the most demanding industries such as oil & gas, mining, aerospace, automotive or civil engineering, supplying hand tools. Safety is the watch word of EGAMASTER and thus using EGA Master tools has helped industries maintain their service values over many years. EGA Master Tools are extremely amazing tools with regards to value in safety, convenience and versatility.
Hand tools are the basic and crucial necessities of any form of smithy work. These broadly include hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, the bench vice and the hacksaw.
- Hammers : Hammers are designed to deliver high force on a small miniature area. These are made out of a good grade of tool steel. This tool steel is hardened and then drawn to a blue colour at the eye and dark straw. Hard wood, commonly hickory is used to make the handle of the hammer. The length of the hammer is based upon the weight of its head. Hammers are further classified depending on their shapes like: Ball Peen hammer, Cross Peen hammer and Straight Peen hammer. The ball peen hammer is the most common type of hammer used in any machine shop.
- Screw Drivers : Screw drivers come in several kinds and each is unique for its own purpose. Thus, making it necessary for a tool maker to have a set of screw drivers for every requirement. The blades of screw drivers are made of various widths and lengths to suit for special purposes. The blade that is made of forged carbon tool steel is heat treated to give it hardness. The tip of the blade is magnetised in few cases to provide easy access to screws in tights corners and crevices.
- Wrenches : Wrenches are utilised for turning bolts, nuts, pipes, etc. There are a large number of wrenches available that derive their names from their characteristic shape, from the object they are used to turn or from their construction. To name a few are the alligator wrench, the spin spanner, the face spanner, the double head set and more. Closed end and open end types of wrenches are better than the adjustable ones. The shape of wrenches’ handle depends upon the amount of leverage required. It is not advisable to use a large wrench like a monkey wrench on a small not or bolt as it is damageable.
- The Bench Vise :The bench vise is used to hold the work piece in place. It prevents the movement of the work piece while working on it, thus making the handler’s job very easy. Vises come various kinds but the basic requirements of a bench vise are a fixed jaw, a movable jaw, a screw and a nut fastened to the movable jaw and a handle with which the screw is rotated. While using the bench wise to hold soft metals, there are chances of the metal to mar the surface. In such cases, false jaws made of brass or Babbitt metal are used. Screw and the handle of the bench vise are made from steel whereas its nut is made from malleable iron.
- Hacksaw Frames : Hacksaw frames are utilised in carpentry for sawing needs. They are made to take 8-, 10- or 12- inch blades. The hacksaw blades are made from high grade steels that are tempered and hardened. The blades tend to be very brittle because of its hardness. In some cases though, the blades are flexible as only the teeth are hardened making the hacksaw blades easy to use.